Definition of Fat is a hydrophobic organic substances that are difficult to dissolve in water. But fat soluble in organic solvents such as chloroform, ether, and benzene. Fat refers to a large group of molecules consisting of natural elements such as carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen, including fatty acids, waxes, sterols, vitamins are fat soluble, and other elements. Fat specifically be a term for animal oils at room temperature, separated from his form solid or liquid, contained in the body called adipose tissue.
In adipose tissue, fat cells secrete leptin and resistin that play a role in the immune system. Hormones cytokines that play a role in the communication between cells. Hormones cytokines produced by adipose tissue specifically called adipokina hormone, among others, kemerin, interleukin-6, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4), tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFa), visfatin, and metabolic hormones hormones such as adiponectin and adipokinetik (Akh).
Because of its molecular structure that is rich in carbon element chain (-CH2-CH2-CH2-), the fat has hydrofob properties. This is the reason for the difficulty of fat to dissolve in water. Fat soluble only in apolar or organic solution, such as ether, chloroform, or benzol.
Although fat is identical to something in the body that is dangerous, but the fat has the basic functions of the human body. Fat has the basic functions of the human body include the following:
- Fat into energy reserves in the form of fat cells. 1 gram of fat produces kjoule 39.06, or 9.3 kcal.
- Fats have a cellular function and structural components of cell membranes associated with carbohydrates and protein. It is to
- run water, ions and other molecules, exit and entry into the cell.
- Fat sustain organic compounds function as a signal conductor, such as prostaglandins and steroid hormones and bile gland.
- Fats into suspension for vitamins A, D, E, and K are useful for biological processes.
- Fat as shock absorbers to protect the vital organs and protect the body from the outside temperature is less friendly.
Thus the definition of fat, and basic functions for body fat. In the next article we will discuss in more detail the function of fat. Read related articles also are differences in definitions of fat and cholesterol to further increase your insight about fat, and how to burn fat. In the future there will be more articles about fat burning continues.
Tags: #Burn fat